Miss Briony Lazarides
- St Bernard
- Pyrenean Mountain Dog
I have kept Pyreneans since 1989 and Saint Bernards since 1996. All my adult dogs are hip-scored, elbow-scored, and all are now heart-tested by a veterinary cardiologist including the pups before they leave for their new homes. My aim is to produce healthy long lived dogs. I have lived with many saints and pmd who we have not bred from .. It takes two orthree years to assess whether a pup will make breeding quality
MY puppies are EXPENSIVE... but a car with an M.O.T. is more expensive to buy than one without.
My first Pyrenean, Nushka,a rescue dog, had many behavioural problems. This led to an interest in dog behaviour and since 1999 I have worked as a behavioural dog trainer. Nushka also had terrible hip dysplasia, and I strongly believe she caught distemper form a vaccination. The heartbreak I went through with Nushka is the origins if my passion for breeding mentally AND physically sound dogs. It infuriates me when I tell an enquirer of our dogs' good health record and they say "we only want a pet" My response is, "How long do you want your pet to live?"
Part of breeding a mentally sound dog, does I believe, mean selling a puppy which is ready to live in a pet home. Our pups are reared in the house, well-socialised, and never forcibly removed from their mums; the mum can have as much access to, or freedom from the pups as she wants. That way they learn their first life lessons from her, their best teacher. I occasionally show the dogs; my dogs have never come away from Crufts with no prize cards but selling a pup to a loving forever home means more to me. I am very proud if buyers show promising dogs, and give encouragement and help if they wish to do so, but they are never obligated. Puppies are never sold on show or breeding terms; I do not believe it is possible to guarantee a young pup will grow to show or breeding quality.
Lifelong training and behavioural support is always included, and I always take dogs back for life if necessary. In fact it is conditional on buying an Alchazandis dog they are returned if they need to be rehomed... there are a couple of occasions over the years where this wasn't possible, but barring disaster (which I was myself in the middle of then!), I would always want the fact that an Alchazandis dog leaves me with an umbrella of care over it to be homoured by both parties for the lifetime of that dog.
This means I do sometimes have adult dogs in need of good homes.They are rarely advertised. It also means I will not export, as I could not get a dog back from outside the UK in unforeseen circumstances. If you enquire for one of my dogs, please do expect twenty questions, and recognise that I may ask to homecheck you.
Regarding stud enquiries; you are welcome to enquire if your Pyrenean or Saint Bernard is over two years old,hip and elbow scored and Kennel Club registered, but I only very rarely use my dogs at outside stud and please do not be offended if I ask whether you have the facilities to breed responsibly before I give your enquiry serious consideration. Finally, please ring me to communicate.!Introductions via email are welcomed, but I am not an email communicator
...I have received many kind testimonials over the years, but was particularly touched by the following, sent by experienced Pyrenean owners Valerie and George Terry. Little Bess replaced their adored Sebastian:
I am Best Baby Bear, "Bess" for short;
Briony bred and trained me and I do what i ought.
I've been with my new owners for fourteen days
And they're most appreciative of my little ways.
I come when I'm called and I sit, stay and wait;
I've every intention to continue this trait.
I'm but four months old, so I've been told
and though very gentle, I can also be bold.
I've travelled by car from really quite far
And so long journeys are not any bar.
I have every intention to be always like this
As i have come from 'Alchazandis'
Valerie and George are the names of my pets
I really think this is as good as it Gets.
'Delighted of Hyde Heath' 04.10.08
the late Alchazandis Joalah aged 11
Alchazandis Joalah was from our first litter. He was a returned pup and went on to win me best dog pup at Crufts and was lightly shown for several years. He lived to twelve years old
Alchazandis Bailey Over Ice
This is Bailey, my lovely boy who came back to my ownership at 5 months old... he has turned into a lovely dog and done well in the showring,, look on our 'results' page for more info
Alchazandis Pyrite Spirit aged 12
Spirit is now twelve, and loves visitors!
typical Alchazandis pups
- Alchazandis Bailey Over Ice - St Bernard (Health Tested)
- Alchazandis Filibuster - St Bernard (Health Tested)
- Alchazandis Private Dancer - St Bernard (Health Tested)
- Alchazandis Pyrite Spirit - Pyrenean Mountain Dog (Health Tested)
- Lady Looking for Her Tramp At Alchazandis - St Bernard (Health Tested)
- Macthree Odelyn At Alchazandis (IMP BEL) - Pyrenean Mountain Dog
- Alchazandis Secret Liaison - Pyrenean Mountain Dog (Health Tested)
- 16th October 2016 - St Bernard (Parents Health Tested)
- 19th April 2016 - St Bernard (Parents Health Tested)
- 27th March 2015 - St Bernard (Parents Health Tested)
- 26th September 2014 - St Bernard (Dam Health Tested)
- 21st January 2014 - St Bernard (Parents Health Tested)
- 9th May 2013 - St Bernard (Parents Health Tested)
- 23rd November 2012 - St Bernard (Parents Health Tested)
- 27th April 2012 - St Bernard (Parents Health Tested)
- 12th April 2012 - Pyrenean Mountain Dog (Parents Health Tested)
- 24th January 2011 - Pyrenean Mountain Dog (Parents Health Tested)
- 6th December 2010 - St Bernard (Parents Health Tested)
- 26th April 2010 - St Bernard (Dam Health Tested)
- 21st August 2009 - Pyrenean Mountain Dog (Parents Health Tested)
- 10th August 2009 - St Bernard (Parents Health Tested)