The 3 colours of Malinois -red, grey, fawn
photo by: Melii Violet
Champion Sabrefield Zimply Zuper
photo by: M. Brett
photo by: M. Brett
Goldmali Dreams Come True
photo by: M Brett
My name is Marianne Brett, and I have been in dogs for the past 34 years. I've owned Golden Retrievers for all of that time, having shown them and worked a bit of obedience, but never bred Goldens. These days I only have one as a pet. I am from Sweden originally and there I worked as a veterinary nurse for a few years and then later as a dog groomer, before moving to England in 1988, where I for a while worked as a kennel maid. I'm a writer and I have written several books on pet care (dogs, cats, hamsters, rabbits etc) under my previous name of Marianne Mays. I currently write the BSD Malinois and Laekenois breed notes for Our Dogs and have done since 2004.
I first came into contact with the Malinois breed in California during a visit, and I then acquired my first Malinois in 2000. I love the fact they are such a tough, strong, guarding breed, yet so soft, cuddly and loving with their families. I show on a regular basis at both open and championship level, have a lot of interest in obedience training and am aiming for competitive obedience (if I ever get the time) and have indeed competed with a few of my dogs, both Malinois, Golden and a crossbreed. I firmly believe a good dog has both brains and beauty and can do a lot more than just win at shows. Looks are important but so are temperament and health!
I started breeding Malinois in fairly recent years (2005), and I have had some very good show successes, being the second top breeder in 2012, 2013 and 2014. Dogs I have bred have won numerous CCs and RCCs as well as many BOBs, RBOBS etc and several group placings, group wins, an Open show all breed BIS, etc. Goldmali Brown Sugar is only the second ever Malinois to gain the Show Certificate of Merit. My foundation bitch also had some good wins including her Champion title and numerous BOBs at breed shows, champ.shows and open shows and even BOB at Crufts in 2010. I have also bred Malinois that work as security dogs, Search And Rescue, and many that compete in agility up to grade 6. Goldmali Cherish took part in the inter regional obedience at Crufts 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2015 with owner Alison Pell, representing N. Ireland, as well as the Obedience World Cup in 2014 and 2015. She works obedience C and agility 6.
In 2005 I fullfilled a lifelong dream of keeping Papillons when I bought my first, a male neutered pet who loves obedience and has passed his KC Good Citizen Gold test. After him I bought an Amicae bitch and I have been lucky enough to be helped a lot by Jo Davidson-Poston of Spinillons Papillons. 2009 saw my first Papillon litter born, just one pup -Goldmali Dreams Come True, Crufts qualifier and BOB winner at open shows. I am the breeder of the current only Papillon to compete in flyball under the British Flyball Association, Olmec aka Goldmali Gideon.
I only breed on a small scale, once a year at the most, and only from dogs hip scored within the breed average (Malinois), eye tested annually (Malinois and Papillon) checked for Patella Luxation (Papillons), and that have proved themselves at shows as good examples of their breed and have a good temperament. I have 25 years experience of breeding pedigree cats (having bred several Champions in Persians and Exotics) and I insist on a contract being signed by any puppy or kitten buyer which among other things state if the new owner cannot keep their animal it will be offered back to me -no matter if it is 10 years down the line or more, I will always take back an animal I have bred if it is necessary as I will never turn my back on anything that I have bred. I like to keep in touch with my puppy buyers and am always happy to offer help and advice. All puppies are sold endorsed not for breeding or export but this can be lifted later if the circumstances are right, i.e. for breeding if the dog has been hip scored and eye tested, been shown or worked successfully etc.
All pups are sold KC registered, microchipped, insured for 4 weeks, come with a puppy pack with food and toys, written details of what they have been used to eating, when they were wormed etc.
My dogs are all first and foremost pets and all but one live indoors. Malinois pups are reared fully indoors (with trips outside, of course), no kenneling, and get socialised with adults, children, other dogs and cats, until ready to leave for new homes aged 7 ½ to 8 weeks. Papillon pups are not sold before 14 weeks of age and also live in the house all along. Most of my dogs have at the very least passed the KC Good Citizen Bronze test, many have passed Silver and Gold.
I am a KC Assured Breeder.
- Belgian Shepherd Malinois
- Amicae Whispering Dreams of Goldmali - Papillon
- Cymry Penny Wise Goldmali - Belgian Shepherd Malinois (Health Tested)
- Goldmali Believe - Belgian Shepherd Malinois (Health Tested)
- Goldmali Bohemian Rhapsody - Belgian Shepherd Malinois (Health Tested)
- Goldmali Crash Boom Bang - Belgian Shepherd Malinois
- Goldmali Dreams Come True - Papillon (Health Tested)
- Goldmali Fabulous - Belgian Shepherd Malinois (Health Tested)
- Goldmali Good Golly Ms Molly - Papillon (Health Tested)
- Goldmali Imagine - Belgian Shepherd Malinois (Health Tested)
- Goldmali Joyride - Papillon (Health Tested)
- Mats VD Vaardekenshoeve at Goldmali (IMP BEL) - Belgian Shepherd Malinois (Health Tested)
- Santee Sioux at Goldmali - Belgian Shepherd Malinois (Health Tested)
- Spinillons Abby - Papillon (Health Tested)
- Wishful Trixie Girl - Papillon (Health Tested)
- CH Sabrefield Zimply Zuper - Belgian Shepherd Malinois (Health Tested)
- Goldmali All Or Nothing - Belgian Shepherd Malinois (Health Tested)
- Goldmali Copacobana - Belgian Shepherd Malinois
- Spinillons Ella Goldmali - Papillon
- 23rd December 2016 - Papillon (Parents Health Tested)
- 7th April 2015 - Belgian Shepherd Malinois (Parents Health Tested)
- 9th May 2011 - Papillon (Parents Health Tested)
- 26th October 2010 - Belgian Shepherd Malinois (Dam Health Tested)
- 9th September 2008 - Belgian Shepherd Malinois (Dam Health Tested)
- 24th April 2006 - Belgian Shepherd Malinois (Dam Health Tested)
- Cymry Penny Wise Goldmali - 3 results
- Goldmali Believe - 18 results
- Goldmali Bohemian Rhapsody - 18 results
- Goldmali Crash Boom Bang - 6 results
- Goldmali Dreams Come True - 5 results
- Goldmali Fabulous - 11 results
- Goldmali Good Golly Ms Molly - 3 results
- CH Sabrefield Zimply Zuper - 35 results
- Spinillons Abby - 3 results
- Spinillons Classic Calee - 3 results