Cracker and Biscuit on the run
photo by: SJM
photo by: SJM
Cragvallie Dalmatians from the past
photo by: IEW
Turul winning the CC & BOB at Midland Counties
photo by: Ian Wearing
Having shown Cragvallie Dalmatians for 40 years, the Hungarian Wirehaired Vizsla has now become my main breed. I first fell in love with the Wires in 1992, when I had the honour of judging Amor and Maya at NGA. I always keep strong working lines within my gundogs as I believe a dog should be capable of performing the job it was originally bred for, mine all display lots of working potential. I've owned smooth Vizsla, Basset Fauve de Bretagne, Dobermanns, a Boston terrier and a Longhaired & Mini Wire Dachshunds most dogs shown attaining a stud book entry, including a number of Champions, UK,Irish, International,home-bred and Group winner.
My foundation HWV was a daughter of the first Lanspar Show Champion in the breed, who sadly died recently. I have imported 2 dogs and a bitch from Hungary, which I consider to be far superior in quality & coat to the U.K. dogs, plus they have proven working ability. Turul, the last import has tremendous working instinct. He is also the sire of 2015 Crufts CC dog winner, where unfortunately he couldn't be shown as he is docked. He is an Irish Champion winning Green Stars & CACIBs in Eire, and the CC at Midland Counties under the late Sheila Gray, plus 2 res CCs. Vadasz, also imported is HUU free and has won CACIB's, Green Stars & 1 CC. The 'boys' from my two homebred litters have both won well, with Copper gaining his stud book number, and Zenit winning the CACIB & BOB at the CCC International show in Eire 3 consecutive years.
The star turn will always be Jacint an International Champion who has won top awards in several countries, including CC at SKC, reserve CC at Crufts, Green Stars, CACs and CACIBs in Europe. Thistle, from Jacint's final litter, all Hungarian lines, has been awarded 3 best baby puppy in breed, and 4th best baby puppy in show in Eire, plus Green Stars, Res CACIB, as well as Best Bitch at GBAS Champ show.
I award CCs in Dalmatians, Vizsla & BFDB and have judged in Australia, also Hound, Utility & Gundog groups at Open shows. I have also passed the A3 assessment for Bracchi, another of my longed for breeds.
As a member of the K.C. I try to breed dogs which are fit for their original purpose and health check all breeding stock.
- Hungarian Wirehaired Vizsla
- CHANCE ENCOUNTER AT CRAGVALLIE - Dalmatian (Health Tested)
- CRAGVALLIE CHANCE ON ME - Dalmatian
- CRAGVALLIE COPPER - Hungarian Wirehaired Vizsla (Health Tested)
- Cragvallie Thistle - Hungarian Wirehaired Vizsla (Health Tested)
- Cragvallie Zenit - Hungarian Wirehaired Vizsla (Health Tested)
- Int Ch ZOLDMALI JACINT AT CRAGVALLIE (Imp Hun) - Hungarian Wirehaired Vizsla (Health Tested)
- IR CH HEJOCSABAI TURUL AT CRAGVALLIE (IMP HUN) - Hungarian Wirehaired Vizsla (Health Tested)
- LANSPAR URNO AT CRAGVALLIE - Hungarian Wirehaired Vizsla (Health Tested)
- Zoldmali Vadasz at Cragvallie (Imp Hun) - Hungarian Wirehaired Vizsla (Health Tested)
- 5th November 2014 - Dalmatian (Dam Health Tested)
- 24th April 2013 - Hungarian Wirehaired Vizsla (Parents Health Tested)
- 4th November 2011 - Basset Fauve De Bretagne
- 19th April 2010 - Hungarian Wirehaired Vizsla (Dam Health Tested)
- CHANCE ENCOUNTER AT CRAGVALLIE - 8 results
- CRAGVALLIE CHANCE ON ME - 2 results
- CRAGVALLIE COPPER - 10 results
- Cragvallie Cracknell - 1 result
- Cragvallie Zenit - 3 results
- IR CH HEJOCSABAI TURUL AT CRAGVALLIE (IMP HUN) - 16 results
- Int Ch ZOLDMALI JACINT AT CRAGVALLIE (Imp Hun) - 13 results
- Zoldmali Vadasz at Cragvallie (Imp Hun) - 18 results