- St Bernard
Cody - IR & UK CH
photo by: Kathy Lane
'TJ' - Lanebern The Magician @ CRUFTS 2012
photo by: Kathy Lane
'Rooney' - IR CH
photo by: Ian Raper
Lady - IR CH (Daughter of Rooney)
photo by: Ian Raper
We are Steve & Kathy Lane.
We have been owned Saint Bernards, Bullmastiffs for a many years now.
More recently our Pug Pickle came to join us, shortly followed by DeeDee (co owned with our friends Tony & Diane). Although we have learned alot on our journey, we believe that no one person can know all there is to know about the breed(s). There is so much to learn, especially with the health problems that our breed suffers & new research for these problems being found.
Our journey with the love of Saints began in 2001, when Steve bought Kathy her very first St Bernard, Bella. She stole their hearts the minute she met them. Little did they know what was to blossom from that bond of Love.
We enjoy having our dogs around us & if they are able to be shown then that is a bonus! Not every puppy has blossomed into a 'show dog'. We are not a 'kennel' or a business. Our dogs are not in any way for financial gain! They are our pets first & foremost, they are for our companionship, love of the breed, & to enjoy our hobby of showing. Most of our dogs live in the house with us . Infact - its more their home than ours!! We do not breed from or show all of our dogs. We health test all our dogs. We have bought or rescued dogs that have health problems who are then neutered to prevent these problems being passed on.
If you are looking to show your Saint, please have a look at our pages that have show terminology that will hopefully help you on your journey to what can be a great hobby.
CONTRARY TO THE BREED NAME.... SAINTS THEY A'INT!!
Kathy has been passed to award CC's to St Bernards & will undertake her first appointment in 2015.
She is also on the C list to judge Bullmastiffs at Open Show level. She is currently listed on all of the St Bernard breed clubs judging lists & some of the Bullmastiff clubs too.
Kathy has also passed her Breed Judging Symposiums for both breeds & have attended several St Bernard & Bullmastiff Breed seminars which she took several years ago, to get a better understanding of the breed. She has also passed all the required assignments to enable her to award CC's in St Bernards.
She is also a founder member of the Health & Welfare committee & is currently the Breed Health Co-ordinator. Please see the website http://www.stbernardhealth.co.uk
In 2002 we applied to the Kennel Club for our own 'Kennel Name' & 'LANEBERN' was born. We campaign our dogs both in the UK & Ireland. We have a wonderful 'team' of dogs & we are VERY PROUD of all their wins, and list them whether they come 1st or last. I hope you enjoy looking at their pages.
'Lanebern' have been a Kennel Club ASSURED BREEDER from 2004 - 2014. when we resigned from the scheme as we felt it had very little to offer us considering we already go above & beyond their criteria to join the scheme.
Many of our dogs live in our home. They are ALL our Pets & companions more than anything else. They are raised with all the usual noises such as, people visiting, telephones, hoovers, all modern appliances etc, which helps when it comes to settling puppies into their new homes. They are also brought up with Cats and taught that they are not 'toys' & must be respected!
Socialising & manners are also very important, (not just to the breed but to us too as a large unruly dog is not a pleasure but a pain!!) and again we encourage people to visit us & we also like to take puppies on various trips around different towns/markets from a young age, not to mention very important 'social' trips to the vets to allow the dogs to become well socialised 'Good citizens'.
To protect our Breed & our puppies, ALL registrations will be Endorsed. This means that there will be certain restrictions when it comes to any expectations you may have when thinking about breeding from your dog. We are very cautious when allowing Export of our dogs to other countries, & there may be certain circumstances or occasions that we will not allow Export, however, please contact us to discuss your individual requirements regarding Export out of the UK.
We cannot guarantee the 'show potential' of any puppy regardless of what Champions are in his/her parentage. The lovely 8 week old puppy oozing showmanship may not 'make the grade' when he/she is 5months old. Just because a puppy has Champion parents does not mean that he/she will become one too & always take care when choosing your puppy.
All puppies sold from us are sold as pets. Saint puppies change very quickly and what might seem a promising 8 week old, may never come to anything at all in the show ring, although we can all dream of breeding/owning a Champion one day!
Unfortunately, Saint Bernards are not without their health problems & potential owners should be aware of them. Hip Dysplasia, Ectropian and Entropian (Turning in & turning out of the eye lids) Epilepsy, Dilated Cardiomyopathy (DCM - Heart Condition) and Gastric torsion (bloat) are the more known, talked about conditions.
There are several Breed Clubs in the UK, that can all offer advice on the Breed. Some of these people have had great success in the ring & have substantial breed knowledge. You would be wise to checkout a show or two before purchasing a puppy of this breed, just to understand what is involved IF you are looking to show your puppy & also gain some knowledge as to just how big these cute puppies can get as adolescents & adults!
Please take GREAT care before making your decision to buy a Saint Bernard, the little cute puppy will grow at an amazing speed, eat alot more than the average size dog, as well as make twice the amount of mess! It's not fair on them or you if you suddenly find yourself with a dog thats too big for the house, your food budget & your life!
The details of the various Saint Bernard Clubs & Rescue Societies around the UK can be found on the Breed Clubs page above.
We would be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding problems you may be experiencing or general enquiries.
Good luck in your search!!
Kathy & Steve Lane
- Bramarley Pandora By Lanebern - Bullmastiff
- Cuddle Bear Nescaland (IMP POL) - St Bernard (Health Tested)
- Deandra Dynamo (IMP MLT) - Pug (Health Tested)
- Finetime Genesis by Lanebern - St Bernard (Health Tested)
- GB & IR CH Pippanabbey Power Play With Lanebern CJW06 - St Bernard (Health Tested)
- IR CH Abbotsbury Volcano With Chandlimore - St Bernard (Health Tested)
- IR CH Finetime Shady Lady by Lanebern (CW'12) - St Bernard (Health Tested)
- Karmonbel Tia By Lanebern - St Bernard (Health Tested)
- Kertesi-Barsony Dick (IMP HUN) - St Bernard (Health Tested)
- Lanebern Blue Diamond - St Bernard (Health Tested)
- Lanebern Blue Savannah - St Bernard (Health Tested)
- Lanebern Midnight Raven - St Bernard (Health Tested)
- Lanebern Taylor Made - St Bernard (Health Tested)
- Lanebern The Magician - St Bernard (Health Tested)
- Moulain Captain Pugwash for Lanebern - Pug (Health Tested)
- Owacja Na Kazda Pogode (IMP POL) - Pug (Health Tested)
- Pippanabbey Jubilee by Lanebern - St Bernard (Health Tested)
- Rathleague Count Louis of Lanebern IMP - St Bernard
- Suaisa Remember Me At Lanebern - Pug (Health Tested)
- Öppis Speziells For Lanebern - St Bernard
- Bernegaarden Peach Blossom (IMP NOR) - St Bernard
- Drosera Hazel at Lanebern - St Bernard
- Lanebern Making Waves - St Bernard (Health Tested)
- Millvosis Domino - St Bernard (Health Tested)
- CH Laneberns Leading Lady JW - St Bernard
- IR CH Lanebern Black Magic (Ir Jnr Ch CJW'11 CW'12'14) - St Bernard
- Lanebern yours faithfully at Aveyrew - St Bernard (Health Tested)
- Laneberns Thomas - St Bernard
- 7th March 2017 - Pug (Parents Health Tested)
- 4th July 2015 - St Bernard (Parents Health Tested)
- 26th February 2015 - St Bernard (Parents Health Tested)
- 13th April 2014 - St Bernard (Dam Health Tested)
- 25th June 2013 - St Bernard (Parents Health Tested)
- 19th November 2012 - St Bernard (Parents Health Tested)
- A Word In Your Ear By Lanebern - 8 results
- IR CH Abbotsbury Volcano With Chandlimore - 28 results
- Akura Touch of Class for Lanebern - 7 results
- Bramarley Pandora By Lanebern - 26 results
- Chandlimore Angel Eyes to Lanebern - 37 results
- Chandlimore The Challenger with Lanebern - 63 results
- Chymera Turismo by Woolinoze - 4 results
- Drosera Hazel at Lanebern - 93 results
- Karmonbel Tia By Lanebern - 24 results
- CH Laneberns Leading Lady JW - 17 results
- Laneberns Making Waves - 5 results
- GB & IR CH Pippanabbey Power Play With Lanebern CJW06 - 119 results
- Rathleague Count Louis of Lanebern IMP - 22 results
- Öppis Speziells For Lanebern - 11 results