- Spanish Water Dog
Josalyn Juananci enjoying a scurry
photo by: Josalyn Spanish Water Dogs
Josalyn Juananci. Best Bitch SWD Club Clu
photo by: Josalyn
Lola... aged 12 years... girl still got it...
photo by: Josalyn
Mani qualifying for Top Dog of Cornwall
photo by: Josalyn
JOSALYN SPANISH WATER DOGS
Versatility Wrapped up in Curls !
Happy in the home, at play and at work and successful in the showring.
My love affair with Spanish Water Dogs started in 2000 when I visited Discover Dogs and quite by accident came across the Spanish Water Dog breed stand. It was their first year at DD at Crufts and I was instantly smitten. Having owned and bred Bernese Mountain Dogs for several years I had been looking for something lively but trainable and intellient and robust to have along with my lovable Bernese. These lovely curly dogs ticked every box. In August 2000 my lovely Lola was born and her breeder Mrs Christine McQueeny, one of the four members of the Canagua Partnership who were original importers of the breed to the UK, changed my life by offering her to me... and so my wonderful obsession began. My second dog was bred by another of the original importers, Diane Philipson and I am lucky that I lived close to both of these people as well as Faye Allen another of the Canagua partnership. I was able to spend time with and learn from them and join in activities with people who shared my passion for the wonderful versatile SWD and indeed became good friends. I was a founder member of the breed club in Britain and have been an active committee member of the SWDC until my move to Cornwall. I have enjoyed being a part of and watching this breed develop in the UK. I still find them as fascinating and as much fun as ever.
Here at Josalyn we aim to breed happy healthy puppies, of good type, retaining natural working ability and rustic coats. We hip score and eye test all our dogs. Puppies are lovingly reared in home enviroment as part of our family and occasionally available to approved homes, where they will continue this lifestyle as part of a family thus enabling them to develop their wonderful intelligent personalities to their full potential. We welcome enquiries and are always willing to discuss and offer advise about this multi talented breed.
Whilst puppies are with us they receive lots of love and attention and a variety of visitors and experiences. They are part of our family and are very special to us, therefore we require very special homes for them. These dogs are very trainable and form a very strong bond with their handlers it is very rewarding to partake in some activity with your Spanish Water Dogs whatever this may be... take your pick, obedience, flyball, agility, water work, HPR work, showing... there are some that just love to show off thus making a showing career very enjoyable.
- Briarlow Moby del Tierradelmar - Spanish Water Dog (Health Tested)
- Josalyn Berto Aurelio - Spanish Water Dog
- Josalyn Hernando Dylan - Spanish Water Dog (Health Tested)
- Josalyn Juananci - Spanish Water Dog (Health Tested)
- Josalyn Manolito in Seasmoke - Spanish Water Dog (Health Tested)
- Tierradelmar Conchita del Josalyn - Spanish Water Dog (Health Tested)
- Josalyn BIbiana Aurelia - Spanish Water Dog (Health Tested)
- Josalyn Damita - Spanish Water Dog (Health Tested)
- 28th July 2015 - Spanish Water Dog (Parents Health Tested)
- 23rd April 2014 - Spanish Water Dog (Parents Health Tested)
- 17th November 2012 - Spanish Water Dog (Parents Health Tested)
- 16th November 2011 - Spanish Water Dog (Parents Health Tested)
- 5th June 2007 - Spanish Water Dog (Sire Health Tested)
- Briarlow Moby del Tierradelmar - 3 results
- Josalyn Berto Aurelio - 9 results
- Josalyn BIbiana Aurelia - 9 results
- Josalyn Damita - 6 results
- Josalyn Fe Bibi - 2 results
- Josalyn Hernando Dylan - 1 result
- Josalyn Juananci - 13 results
- Josalyn Manolito in Seasmoke - 3 results
- Joslayn Bibiana Aurelia - 10 results