Miss Emily Morton
- German Shorthaired Pointer
Teal and Goose
photo by: R. Clayton
CH Stairfoot Sandgoose JW
My little shadow, a faithful little dog and has introduced me to so many new friends. Both my dogs are such incredible one in a million friends and companions!
Goose and Teal
Girls sat on peg waiting for the drive to finish before picking up.
Pointing a covey of grouse on the moor
I have been in the breed since 2003 when I bought my first GSP Greenwood Ranger grom Goosepoint (Teal). I had wanted a GSP from a young age when I met my first one through a family friend. To prove myself as a responsible dog owner I trained my Aunts Weimaraner to Silver KC Good Citizen award in my Teens and also puppy walked numerous beagles for a local hunt in either couples or in 3's, however they came to me. And a couple of foxhounds... I think I proved myself!
I always said if I had a dog it would be well behaved and, in turn this made me train Teal to the gun, I didn't really know how but we managed to muddle through between us. Teal now goes on several shoots mainly Grouse through the season and we also go counting and have access to moorland throughout the year for training. All the shoots we have been on, we have always been invited back, and on many occasions Teal is always admired for finding game other dogs have missed. She has entered Field Trials and Pointing tests and has been a credit to me, hopefully I will pull my finger out and enter some more this season and let her prove herself as the good dog she is.
Teal gave me the 'BUG' for the breed and I bought my second GSP Stairfoot Sandgoose JW (Goose) off Val Grant in 2007. After gaining knowledge of the breed and knowing what I should be doing I've managed to train Goose to a higher standard and is now part of a picking up team on a pheasant/mixed shoot and also works on the moor grouse counting and on shoot days. Goose has also introduced me to the show ring and has done well gaining 2CC's, 1 BOB, 4 reserve CC's and best puppy in breed at Championship shows and several BOB and BPIB at Open shows, Gaining her Junior Warrant and recently has gained her Show Gundog Working Certificate and Bronze Good Citizen award which she did at a show at last minute to fill time between classes!
Hopefully at the end of 2009 Goose will be entering her first Field Trials.
Both my girls are Hip Scored, eye and Heart tested.
- CH Stairfoot Sandgoose JW - German Shorthaired Pointer (Health Tested)
- Goosepoint Beluga - German Shorthaired Pointer (Health Tested)
- Goosepoint Eiderdown - German Shorthaired Pointer (Health Tested)
- Greenwood Ranger from Goosepoint - German Shorthaired Pointer (Health Tested)
- Goosepoint Aeson - German Shorthaired Pointer
- 15th October 2016 - German Shorthaired Pointer (Parents Health Tested)
- 24th May 2013 - German Shorthaired Pointer (Parents Health Tested)
- 4th May 2011 - German Shorthaired Pointer (Parents Health Tested)
- 19th June 2010 - German Shorthaired Pointer (Dam Health Tested)
- 18th October 2008 - German Shorthaired Pointer (Parents Health Tested)
- CH Stairfoot Sandgoose JW - 18 results