- Labrador Retriever
I am a small, show/hobby breeder with over 40 years experience of labradors. My dogs are first and foremost much loved family companions, who enjoy attending dog shows now and again. They all have low hip scores, clear eye certificates, and excellent temperaments, and they all live in the house as part of our family.
I show only occasionally, though am hoping to be able to do so more often, now my family is grown up, and I only breed when I wish to keep a puppy myself, and to maintain my line of breeding.
I am a Kennel Club Assured Breeder. I am also a member of several Labrador Breed Clubs, and have served on the Committee of a Labrador Retriever Breed Club for over 20 years.
Quality, home-reared puppies are very occasionally available to approved homes. I aim to produce good looking, healthy, happy, well socialised pups that will be a pleasure to own. Litters are very carefully planned, from breeding stock that has been health screened for many generations, and are lavishly and lovingly reared in my home. The pups come with all one would expect from a litter of this quality, ie. K.C.Reg., 4 weeks (minimum) free insurance, wormed twice, vet checked, micro-chipped, vaccinated (if they are still here at 9 weeks), well socialized (being used to children, other dogs and cats), and new owners will be provided with a very comprehensive “puppy pack” and ongoing support and advice throughout their puppy's lifetime.
Lakemeadow Lilli Marlene and Lakemeadow Kestrel
photo by: Jenny Dobson
LAKEMEADOW KESTREL and LAKEMEADOW LILLI MARLENE
These two girls are half-sisters, being daughters of Daisy (Kampsall Kalas of Lakemeadow), and both of whom are now retired from breeding.
Ellie (Lakemeadow Kestrel) is a very intelligent and sensitive dog and has only been lightly shown, and, although she has won and been placed at Open and Championship Shows, she is far happier flushing birds in the local country park than in a show ring.
Ebony (Lakemeadow Lilli Marlene) is unshown, partly as a consequence of an accident she sustained at 5 months old, but is a very nicely constructed bitch, with a really beautiful head and a very sweet and easy going nature.
More importantly, these girls are both fabulous characters, and are much loved members of our family.
Lakemeadow Living The Dream
photo by: John Jackson
LAKEMEADOW LIVING THE DREAM
(Sh.Ch. Lindall Redemption X Lakemeadow Lilli Marlene)
William is Ebony's son, and like his mum, is a lovely natured dog, and very much a family companion dog. He really is a joy to live with and everyone's (dog and handler alike) best friend at his gundog training class.
He has had a very successful start to his showing career, including winning the Res. CC. at Blackpool Championship Show (2011) at the age of 15 months.
Lakemeadow Look No Further Than Sharouns
photo by: Jenny Dobson
LAKEMEADOW LOOK NO FURTHER THAN SHAROUNS
(Rocheby Old Smokey X Sharouns My Girl of Lakemeadow)
Barney had a wonderful temperament, and was a family pet before returning here at 4 years of age, when his owners split up. He thoroughly enjoyed being a show dog and did very well in the ring, winning 2 CCs and 4 Res. CCs, before retiring after winning Best Veteran Dog at Crufts 2009.
Sadly, Barney "went to the rainbow bridge" in March 2014, just days short of his 14th. birthday, but has left many happy memories, and a wonderful legacy at Sharouns Labradors, in his very successful progeny.
Lakemeadow Lone Bright Star
photo by: Mica Holcroft
LAKEMEADOW LONE BRIGHT STAR
(Sh.Ch. Lindall Redemption X Lakemeadow Kestrel)
My beautiful Sophie was Ellie's single pup, her daughter from her final litter, a very beautiful girl, now in a pet home.
- KARELDIS DREAM CHASER FOR LAKEMEADOW - Labrador Retriever (Health Tested)
- LAKEMEADOW KESTREL - Labrador Retriever (Health Tested)
- LAKEMEADOW LET'S DANCE WITH SHAROUNS - Labrador Retriever (Health Tested)
- LAKEMEADOW LILLI MARLENE - Labrador Retriever (Health Tested)
- LAKEMEADOW LIVING THE DREAM - Labrador Retriever (Health Tested)
- LAKEMEADOW TAKE A CHANCE - Labrador Retriever (Health Tested)
- LAKEMEADOW LADY JANE WHISTLETYNE - Labrador Retriever (Health Tested)
- LAKEMEADOW LOTUS BLOSSOM - Labrador Retriever (Health Tested)
- 7th January 2016 - Labrador Retriever (Parents Health Tested)
- 21st March 2012 - Labrador Retriever (Parents Health Tested)
- 30th September 2010 - Labrador Retriever (Parents Health Tested)
- 28th March 2010 - Labrador Retriever (Parents Health Tested)
- 12th March 2009 - Labrador Retriever (Dam Health Tested)
- 28th November 2008 - Labrador Retriever (Parents Health Tested)
- 18th July 2007 - Labrador Retriever (Dam Health Tested)