Gemthorne Australian Shepherd
Jenny and Mike Harvey
- Australian Shepherd
- Border Collie
Am Ch Briarbrooks Jack be Quick at 14 months
Am Ch Briarbrooks Jack Be Quick was purchased and started his show career in August 2005.
He won two 5 point majors in one weekend then went on to win his championship title by winning his last three point major on 3rd December 2005.
Jack's Sire is Am Ch Brairbrooks Quicksilver who was best of breed at Westminster2003. Quicksilver's show career has been outstanding with over 200 best of breeds to his name.
Jack's Dam Am Ch Brairbrooks Paparazzi was Reserve winners bitch 1998 USASA Specialty. She then passed on her winning ways to her pups breeding several champion.
Jack lives and is show by Linda Mcfarlane.
The Gemthorne prefix was established in the 70's with the aim of breeding Border Collies that not only looked good but that where capable of doing a hard days work on the farm.
The name Gemthorne was taken from our first collies name, Nant Thorne Gemma and it was Gemmas death at 16 yrs, that caused us to purchase our first Australian Shepherds. We where looking for a breed that was not only fun to live with but that would fit into farmlife.
We found the perfect breed so we purchased Gibbands Painted lady (Issy) and her brother Gibbands Himalayian Jester (Indie).
Issy was mated to
Am ch Thorneapple Climate Controlled and the first Gemthorne Aussies where born.
Gemthorne Aussies have won and been consistantly placed in the showring. Several of Izzy's pups have won Best Puppy awards before going onto win at Crufts.
- Am Ch Brairbrooks Jack Be Quick - Australian Shepherd
- GEMTHORNE CLOUDBURST - Australian Shepherd (Health Tested)
- Gemthorne Galeforce - Australian Shepherd (Health Tested)
- GEMTHORNE HELLO LITTLE GIRL - Australian Shepherd (Health Tested)
- GEMTHORNE LADY IN RED - Australian Shepherd (Health Tested)
- Gemthorne shockwave - Australian Shepherd (Health Tested)
- Gemthorne Stormforce - Australian Shepherd
- 6th October 2015 - Australian Shepherd (Dam Health Tested)
- 12th August 2014 - Australian Shepherd (Parents Health Tested)
- 5th June 2011 - Australian Shepherd (Dam Health Tested)
- 31st January 2009 - Australian Shepherd (Dam Health Tested)
- 29th November 2007 - Australian Shepherd